We need someone to help run our elections in February. The Assistant Chief Returning Officer is a paid position from October to February. Picture the best parts of Frank Underwood mixed with Selina Meyer. Actually, don’t. I’ve never seen House of Cards, or Veep, but I’m pretty sure that’s a terrible comparison. Listen, the point is, you’re interested in politics and we need someone who can keep an election fair, run it smoothly, and isn’t afraid to begin their day with a little light reading about referenda.
Applications are due on Friday to Matt McLean. Read the full job description here - http://bit.ly/1wfG0sy
•¼ cup Half-Half Cream/ Alfredo Sauce/ Milk, either of these ingredients will add similar flavoring to the pasta. We recommend Alfredo Sauce.
1. Bring water to boil and add in fettuccini and let it cook, add a tablespoon of oil and a tablespoon of salt. The oil makes sure the fettuccini doesn’t stick together and salt is for taste.
2. Dice the onions, peppers and mushrooms into the size you desire, then cut garlic into small pieces.
3. Preheat a skillet at medium high heat, add a tbsp of oil, sauté onion and let them cook for 1 minute. Add mushrooms, garlic, and peppers, stirring occasionally until mushrooms are thoroughly cooked and onions are golden brown. Half-way through cooking add 2 pinches of salt, pepper, and chili flakes. You have the option of adding as much flavouring as needed. This takes approximately 5 minutes.
4. In a separate pot bring tomato sauce to a boil and add alfredo sauce, half-half cream, or milk and stir until the 2 ingredients are combined. Add in flavouring to your liking and at this point add the sautéed vegetables into the sauce.
5. Add the fettuccini into the same pot and combine the pasta and the sauce until there is equal distribution of sauce and pasta.
6. The pasta is ready to serve! This pasta can serve 5 people.
Note: If you want to add a protein to this pasta, we recommend shrimp or sausage. Just sauté the meat until cooked and add to the sauce with the vegetable mixture.
Don’t forget to garnish it like the picture. Presentation is EVERYTHING.
We’re taking a little time out of the office today to beef up on our first aid skills regarding mental health.
And hey, since we’re talking about it, the new Student Wellness Centre is opening on the Waterloo campus tomorrow in the Student Services Building. Ribbon’s being cut at 3pm if you want to stop by and check it out (and yes, there will be refreshments).
Hey, all. We just wrapped our second board meeting of the school year. If you missed it, here are the highlights from this afternoon.
We’re hoping for good things for our recruitment numbers next year. We had our student executive at the Ontario Universities Fair last weekend talking up students. 10,000 prospective students walked through the doors and 5,000 signed up to learn more about good ol’ Wilfrid Laurier. We might be welcoming a whole lotta first years to campus next fall.
Click the pic to read all about why we love those gems.
Side note, we’re still looking for team members to fill out the rest of our First Year Project team, as well as for volunteer opportunities across both campuses. http://hiring.yourstudentsunion.ca to apply.